Monday, July 25, 2011

Tomato Hornworms

Over the last few weeks, a few of my tomato bushes have been affected  by blight. I dug those up to prevent it from spreading. Without thinking, I also pulled up the French Marigold plants circling the affected tomato bushes. Because I didn't know it at the time of planting, I sowed a variety of Marigold plants. But French Marigolds are the most effecting at warding off tomato hornworms. Well, wouldn't you know it, the blight-infested bushes were surrounded by French Marigolds while the healthy ones are surrounded by Dwarf Marigolds and some other variety I forget now.

When the French Marigolds moved out, the tomato hornworms moved it. Three of them stripped a large plant overnight. I'm hoping that's all there were. But you can never spot those buggers until it's too late. Going to spend tomorrow evening spraying Neem Oil. Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment