Thursday, July 15, 2010

Master Gardening School 2010

So, the mighty Auburn University thought they could escape me and my incessant quest for an answer to my rosebush dead stem dilemma. Well, think again AU! I've registered for their annual Master Gardening School workshop next month and plan to take my question and samples and present them to any willing (and unwilling) ear. Don't you just love a determined mama?

I should mention that sometime in May I became an official 'unofficial member of the Pike County Master Gardeners Association'. Try saying that fast three times. What it means is that I attend the monthly meetings and have the option of volunteering hours with their various gardening projects, without paying the annual dues. I don't get a say and that really doesn't bother me. For now anyway. I was inducted (can I use that term if I'm unofficial?) by a local gardener whom I really respect, because I have an insatiable appetite for learning all I can about gardening. And the free plants after each meeting aren't bad either.

So here's to progress and answers and sticking it to AU. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment