Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Hedge Trimmers

I convinced the DH to invest in a cordless hedge trimmer, thinking it would make my life easier. So we bought the Black & Decker 2-in-1 Garden Shear Combo:

http://www.blackanddecker.com/outdoor/GSN35.aspx

What a colossal waste of time and money! If I were simply looking to chop off the tops of our Bahia grass, then this would be ideal. But trim hedges, this tool does not. Not even delicate new growth on boxwood. Seriously, how is this product still on the market?!?

It's marketed to women and the elderly. No offense, but that should have been my first clue. I give them props on it being lightweight as advertised. But if my three and a half year old son can manage it, then it's probably not the right tool to be in my shed.

So it's back to the drawing board. I'll probably end up getting some chain saw type concoction that will intimidate me, thereby using my lady parts to sweet talk my husband into taking over the hedges.




(***OMG I can't believe I just typed that. Thinking it is one thing...but actually typing it? I've been reading too much Erica Shickel!***)

1 comment:

  1. I hope you were able to bring it back & get a refund!

    ...Lady parts...? LOL! She is an awesome writer, isn't she?

    ReplyDelete