Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Preserving Fuit the Lazy Way

I've written before about my awesome peach harvest this summer. We ate a bunch, gave tons away and still had peaches for miles. What I decided to do with the overripe ones was slice and core them and freeze them for smoothies. Delish!


The peaches on the tree are long gone but I still have about five quart-size Ziploc bags full of sliced peaches ready for dessert.

Here is my smoothie recipe that I use for my single-serve blender:

  • Half fill the cup with milk. We use whole milk, but if you want a skinnier option, feel free to use reduced fat.
  • Add frozen fruit. In addition to the peaches, I use strawberries, blueberries, banana, whatever is on hand. The riper the better as this eliminates the need for sugar.
  • Blend.

That's it. Can't get any easier, healthier or lazier than that.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment