Saturday, April 2, 2011

Progress

I'm so excited to show how well my crinum bed is developing. (To call this a crinum bed really isn't fair. There are stella d'oro lilies, firepower nandina, tulips, daffodils, spider lilies, 3 types of asiatic lilies and Louisiana iris.)



My two-year old asparagus roots have finally sent up shoots. I had serious doubts for a minute (more like a month), when almost overnight, shoots appeared everywhere. As excited as I am, I'm a bit frustrated at the conflicting information I read about them online. Apparently my plants will last anywhere from 5-50 years. Talk about a wide margin of error. Well, I paid $5 for the bag of roots. Asparagus runs about $4/lb at Wal*Mart. If I score at least a pound from my bushes next year, I'll be happy.



As for the fruit trees, if you look closely, there are tiny pomegranates and plums developing. Yay! Just need to focus on keeping the birds away now.


No comments:

Post a Comment